Re: [kde-ev-marketing] Re: DesktopSummit comm channels

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas kde org> wrote:
On Thursday, April 21, 2011 15:37:56 William from Texas wrote:
> I am helping put together a list of primary communication channels for the
> DesktopSummit 2011 in Berlin. As August approaches, we are going to start
> sending out announcements and other info, and we want to reach as many
> people as possible. I helped out in a similar fashion for GUADEC 2010, but
> I think this year it's going to be a bigger party..
>
> I've already found the normal announce channels for GNOME and KDE
> (gugmasters-list, gnome-announce, kde-announce) as well as general purpose
> Linux/FOSS/hacker lists (LUGs around the world, LinuxChix, FSF,
> hackerspaces around the world).
>
> On the advice of Dave Neary, I was wondering if you had any contacts
> (mailing lists, bloggers or journos, other resources) that I could add to
> our list to reach the widest and most interested segments. Any information
> would be appreciated!
>
> Many thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions..

I've a list with press contacts, if you ping me, I can pass the news on.

Of course we're also happy to make any relevant announcements on The Dot, our official news site.  And in general if you need help with anything regarding volunteers for promo tasks for the DS feel free to solicit kde-promo kde org (note: it's an open/public list).

Last but not least, we're having a KDE Promo sprint where several of us are meeting in person from May 6-8.  One of our agenda items is to work on the marketing for the DS.  Is there anything specific that needs to be done at this point that you could use our help with?  I haven't done a very good job keeping up on this so far.

Thx,
Justin

sebas