Re: Letter announcing LWN benefit to our subscribers

Hi Og!

It was great meeting you during the hackfest. Here is my little contribution to your first draft, now in v0.2

===============
Dear Friend of GNOME,

Friends of GNOME started not so long ago with the objective of diversifying the GNOME foundation sources of incomes and getting independent funding from on our own community of users and developers.

Thanks to the support of people like yourself, we have managed to
sponsor xx hackfests in 2 years including the Boston Summit earlier this month, allowing over 70 GNOME developers to get together to make GNOME 3.0 better, and plan for the future of GNOME.

[-- I need to discuss further with Andreas and Paul as they seem more familiar with all the recent achievements --].

As a token of our gratitude, we are now offering current and new
subscribers a FREE annual subscription to LWN, the best and most accurate news source for Free Software, written weekly by real kernel hackers and community contributors. It is our way to let you know that we value your unwavering loyalty and support, and go out of way to make your support mutually beneficial.

In order for you to receive your complementary subscription, simply
instructions on how to proceed and activate your account.

You have allowed us to do so much more and GNOME wouldn't be quite where it is today without you. Please do let us know if you have further suggestion that would enhance the program.

Warm regards,

The GNOME Foundation

=========

Fred