Re: GNOME at which events

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Nathan Willis <nwillis glyphography com> wrote:

That made me wonder, in all seriousness, whether getting volunteers (or
for that matter, speakers) to some non-FLOSS events might be a
profitable venture.  Perhaps _more_ profitable, but here I run into the
I-don't-knows: does GNOME send people to general computing events, such
as ETech, SXSWi, JavaOne, USENIX, Where 2.0, even MacWorld?  If so, how
often?  There are surely excited users and developers at them.

I don't think there's any GNOME presence at any of those events and I'd love to see it. I'd advocate for travel funds (if needed) for people to go if they were speaking about GNOME or putting together a booth.

Stormy