Re: GNOME Free Agent T-shirt Proposal

On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 11:57 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
> Bryen:
>
> > I think the wording is a bit much and can be simplified and made more
> > powerful.  Perhaps something like:
> >
> > GNOME - SugarLabs - OLPC
> > Education - Community
> > Empowering children the world over
>
> I agree that the existing text can be improved.  While I agree that your
> suggestion is more "powerful", I think it fails to inform.  A goal of
> this t-shirt is to help educate people about GNOME, SugarLabs and the
> OLPC project and how these projects work together to provide a
> humanitarian solution.  Most people who will see someone wearing the
> tshirt will probably have no idea what GNOME, SugarLabs, or OLPC is, so
> the message becomes meaningless if the tshirt does not do a good job of
> informing.
>
> I would appreciate further suggestions, but I think the text needs to
> make sure that the reader understands that GNOME is a part of an
> ecospehere that benefits a humanitarian cause.
>
> Brian

Well, we can certainly fix it up more to encompass what you are
suggesting.  And that suggested text was just a first thought.  But I
would think that whether it stays in the original text or some modified
text, the "reader" would still be more inclined to stop and ask what
thats about.  And thus engage in a conversation with the wearer.  So, if
anything, whatever the text is, it should encourage that conversation to
happen.

Bryen