Re: Mobile Giving Foundation

Paul:

I think we should do this and use the $300 to try taking donations via
text message.

The board also thought this was a good opportunity.  However, in order
for such a mobile campaign to work well, there needs to be some plan
to make the public aware that they can donate via this mechanism.

I can imagine that social networking tools such as Facebook, MySpace,
and LinkedIn could be used to get the message out.  Also, making use
of things like our Amazon Store.  But, I could imagine that we could
do more than even this (press releases, ads, etc.).

While $300 is not a lot to spend, it does seem that if the GNOME
marketing team plans to make use of this sort of tool that we need some
sort of plan in place about how we will get the word out.  Shouldn't
the GNOME marketing team put together at least a skeleton of a plan
together before we spend the money?  Otherwise, I worry we will just
spend the $300 and it will just go unused.

Brian

Combined with your message about the declining Friends of GNOME
donations (taking out the one time donation we had last month) this
might help kickstart it again.

In a perfect world, I'd like us to to wrap up the Sysadmin banner and
get that launched and do this at the same time.  I know Lucas had
volunteered to try and finish that, but with the birth of his child, I'm
assuming he'll be away for a bit.  (I'll send a separate email on this
to try and get this finished).

Paul

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org