Re: Relations with other organizations

El dl 25 de 01 de 2010 a les 13:41 -0600, en/na Brian Cameron va
escriure:
> > I'm Gil Forcada, member of guifi.net[1] [2], a free, open an neutral
> > network that started on Catalonia nearly 6 years ago.
>
> Gil, thanks for starting this discussion.
>
> > We want to spread the word about our project as much as we want (the
> > same as GNOME and all projects) so we thought that it would be cool if
> > the GNOME foundation and the guifi.net foundation could make an official
> > endorsement somehow: I'm thinking in a press release, banner exchanges,
> > keep a line of contact to let the other know projects that maybe
> > interests it, giving support ...
> >
> > So I sent an e-mail to Stormy who then add Brian and finally Diego but
> > they resolved that it would be better to talk in this mailing list.
> >
> > With the guifi.net foundation board member hat on I'm here to ask what I
> > wrote above, but since I'm also involved on GNOME I'm also here help the
> > GNOME foundation to establish a policy about relations with other
> > organizations which are loosely tied with GNOME but that they still want
> > to be somewhat related.
>
> Right, the difficulty is that the GNOME Foundation does not currently
> have any sort of program to allow interested organizations like
> guifi.net to establish a closer relationship with the GNOME community.
> Currently the GNOME Foundation does have relationship with the Advisory
> Board, but has nothing to offer organizations that are not a good fit
> for that forum.
>
> Gil mentions that such a relationship could include press releases,
> banner exchanges, and opportunities to promote each other.  This seems
> reasonable, but it seems that it would make more sense to define a
> general program that we could use going forward for any organization
> interested in developing this sort of relationship.  It does not seem
> to make sense to try and treat each request like this as a special
> case.

In the previous discussion it was brought more items like the ones I
suggested.

Maybe a first approach could be to make a list of all desirable items
(to offer from the GNOME's side) and then each time an organization like
guifi can mark as many bullets as it feels that can counterpart from
their side.

That way there's an established set of possible relations with other
organizations but it also adapts to each organizations needs or
possibilities.

Cheers,

--
gil forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net