Fwd: [Usability] Announce - GNOME 3 Usability Hackfest: Topic GNOME Shell

Sounds like some things to address in our GNOME 3 myth page.

Stormy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim McConnell <timothy mcconnell comcast net>
Date: Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Usability] Announce - GNOME 3 Usability Hackfest: Topic GNOME Shell
To: usability gnome org

Hi All,
I would like to suggest someone from the usability list review this
link.
http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13782 it is titled
Against GNOME Shell (for GNOME 3.0). If you really want to know what us
users are thinking this would be a great example.
For what it might be worth, I would like to be able to use the the
present GNOME interface. I have installed GNOME Shell on Fedora 12 and
tried it out, it looks and acts too much like Vista for my tastes.
Please at least discuss keeping the option of the current GNOME as a
Desktop.
Also could the subject of making the Number Lock turned on by default a
default installation package be brought up? At present a user can
install numlockx and it will do that. However KDE, Mac, Windows and
other Desktops have this capability without having to install a separate
program. I think it would make GNOME more "user friendly" if it was
there from the get-go.

Thanks,
Tim McConnell