back to the survey topic

Hi all,

I'm a openSuSE user (I know GNOME is sponsored mainly by Red Hat, but I
don't like Fedora). I've runned across a survery from SuSE which uses a
commercial survey service, surveymonkey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com
http://surveymonkey.com/s/6MJYV7T (openSuSE Survey)

 I am not aware of software like this available as open source, don't
know if anyone knows it.

 This surveymonkey is interesting, and I've spoken in the past that such
platform could be helpfull not only for GNOME Marketing, but to our
developers and even to outsource to other projects, or even use to make
money to support GNOME.

 In addition it would most likely allow us to extend a hand to GNOME
distributors like RedHat, openSuSE, Mandriva and so on, and eventually
we can promote our brande with other brands, like hardware manufacturers
and such. I would recon the would be skepticism about this and the
proprietary would jump into play again, so, not being a developer myself
and being a marketing personality, I would point the following: don't
all opensource system run on top of proprietary microcode (EFI, Legacy
BIOS, etc)? Just a thought.

  Feel free to comment and suggest as on next meeting this will be one
of the things I will be bringing up.

  I would love to have such a tool available so we could run our stuff,
ge our numbers and implement a real marketing driver project towards
specific goals, and of course support all our developers with usefull
information regarding whatever they need.

  I've also found some statistical open source programs meanwhile, this
means that there is no need to use SPSS (IBM) or any other proprietary
chunk of code.

  Nelson.