Re: Marketing Materials in git

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> Alfresco/Jahia/Nuxeo/KnowledgeTree, maybe? But adding more
> infrastructure seems like a pain. In any case, wiki attachments sucks
> for collaboratively working on anything, esp. documents.

More pain on our side, less pain on the side of the contributors who
aren't developer tool friendly. You outlined 6 steps that a new
contributor would go through in order to participate. Some may be that
motivated, others are likely to quietly decide that another project
might be better suited to their free time.

Not disagreeing that wiki attachments are sub-optimal, but I'm not
sure git is any better for sharing something like an OpenOffice.org
document.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net>
About: http://www.dissociatedpress.net/about/