Marketing Materials in git

Hi Marketing Team!

One of the topics I'd like to discuss in Saturday's team meeting is:

Do we want to use GNOME's git repository for marketing materials?

What made me think of it is I was working on the FAQ for volunteers
hosting a GNOME booth[1] that we started at the hackfest last Nov.  It
looks pretty enough in the wiki, but it's really not ready for someone
to just print and go with.

There are a number of advantages and dis-advantages to using git that I
can think of off the top of my head:

Pro's:

* Easier to keep marketing materials up to date (multiple editors,
revision control)
* Can have multiple copies (OpenOffice.org, PDF, etc)
* Better formatting than the wiki
* Personal opinion: easier than managing on the wiki / live.gnome.org
(we have attachments in a few different places)

Cons:

* Might need to learn git  (though we can document how to do a git clone
on the wiki)
* Storing all marketing materials in one git repo could be a large
download the first time as the user would get all materials, not just
one
* Volunteer would need to have git installed

Thoughts?  I don't know if we need an answer right away, or if we'll
have a quorum in the meeting Saturday, but I'd be curious to hear what
people think.

Paul

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/ConferenceMaterial/BoothFAQ