Re: Marketing Hackfest video supplies needed

Hi Jason,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
> Attendees;
> I want to go through a trial production of one "GNOME 3 in 30 Seconds" video
> during the hackfest
> <http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/Gnome3In30Seconds>. This seems like an
> attainable goal. The outcome could be something we end up using or we could
> merely learn from the experience and plan for filming at a later date.
> I am bringing a small, compact digital camera that can record 1080i video
> and an advanced stereo mic. Both could be affixed to tripods but for obvious
> logistical reasons, I don't want to try to bring those across the Atlantic.
> At the bare minimum, we need a tripod and boom pole or two tripods (one
> would be held like a boom).

I can lend a tripod for this. I live quite near the place where the
hackfest will take place, so that's easy :)
It's not a professional one, an it has "some" years ;-) but probably
it's better than nothing

> It would also be nice to have a well-lit, stage-like environment in which to
> film. It would also be nice to have a green screen (but I have one that I
> could bring if we can't find one locally).
> If anyone local knows whether you have these things or know of how we might
> arrange them, please let the list know.

About the boom pole, and the green screen, I do not own any, but there
is a public office which lends A/V stuff for associations. Maybe they
have one, and I could ask in behalf of GNOME Hispano.

If not, I know there is a company not quite far (1 or 2 miles) from
the hackfest which rents a professional studio. I know that probably
you want to minimize the costs, but anyway I can ask about some
prices. They also "rent" technical people for lighting and all the
rest

Waiting for comments... but I will do some calls meanwhile

Best regards,
Dani Baeyens