Greetings!

Hi Everyone,

I'm writing today in order to introduce myself, and to offer my help at the marketing hackfest in Zaragoza in May. Some of you may know me from the OpenOffice.org community, where I was the marketing contact for the US for 6 years. I now work for Initmarketing an international Marketing Agency and Consultancy focused entirely on Open Source Software. We have an interesting mix of traditional marketing skills, and deep Open Source experience on our roster. We are expanding our business into the independent Foundations and Associations in the Open Source space, last year we did a marketing strategy for the Typo3 Association. I approached Stormy about what, if anything, Initmarketing can do for the GNOME Foundation. She brought Paul Cutler into the conversation, and we started talking about the GNOME 3 launch. Initmarketing partners have been involved in planning and executing dozens of successful product launches, and it seems like a good place to focus our effort.

Stormy suggested that the GNOME Foundation could sponsor my travel to Zaragoza in order to help the marketing team draft a plan for Marketing the GNOME 3 launch. Initmarketing's founder has agreed to let me work at the Marketing Hackfest pro-bono, under the hopes that we can help some of the GNOME sponsors, especially the distributions, co-market the release.

I hope this works out, and I'm looking forward to possibly meeting some of you in Zaragoza.

--
Ryan Singer
Initmarketing