Re: GNOME Hackfest Videos

Hi Brad!

I work for Participatory Culture Foundation on Miro.  PCF is involved in
a bunch of other projects, one of which is the Universal Subtitles
project with Mozilla:

    http://www.drumbeat.org/project/universal-subtitles

I wish I could say they're further along than they are, but they're not
quite there yet--probably another few months.  I'm pretty sure they have
a beta site up and running now, but they're still working through ui issues.

I'm helping the PyCon A/V team with the PyCon 2010 conference video and
we're hoping to use this system/infrastructure for hosting and providing
conference video transcription and translation.

It's definitely worth looking at since it would alleviate the problem
you're having (where do I host this video that supports subtitles?) and
does so in a way that uses HTML5, JavaScript and open standards rather
than Flash which still works poorly on GNU/Linux systems.

I think this reduces your problem to finding a stop-gap solution for
right now.

/will