Re: Hello and suggestions

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
Hi Marc!,

El jue, 01-04-2010 a las 11:00 +0200, Marc Hanisch escribió:
> Hello list,
>
> my name is Marc Hanisch and I'm a professional (in the terms of
> payed ;-)) web developer from Germany.
> I want to contribute to the Gnome project in several ways and would be
> glad to spread the word about gnome :-)

Welcome! You'll see that lately some topics are being discussed, take a
few days to "lurk around" and feel free to offer opinions or taking up a
task.

Welcome, Marc! If you have any questions, let us know.

> I saw the the GnomeOnWindows[1] list and I'm wondering why GNU Cash
> isn't listed there?
> The compability list for Mac OS X seems to be outdated, as Gnumeric
> works very very well on Mac OS X, Pidgin is available via MacPorts,
> too and I think Evolution isn't maintained by Novell for Mac OS X
> anymore...

I think those could be your first contributions!

Feel free to edit the wiki if you have more accurate and updated
information. I guess that GNU Cash is not there because it's not
absolutely a GNOME app, but I wouldn't be so sure... anyone knows what's
the criteria?

I think GNU Cash should be listed there. It is a useful app used by many GNOME users.

Stormy