[no subject]

> It's very hard to find a list of projects in GNOME.

This is somewhat linked to the "what is GNOME" problem I'd guess. And,
would projects mean projects that use the gnome.org infrastructure for
hosting or, ones that constitute pretty boxes when tries to visualize
the GNOME "ecosystem" (another cliched word *sigh*) ?

> No where do we say what GNOME stands for.
> No where do we say why we have a foot print as a logo. (There's mention of
> how it came about in a history here,
> http://primates.ximian.com/~miguel/gnome-history.html, but no mention of why
> we/they/he thought the foot was representative.)

The above is an interesting catch :)

> Our current web pages are pretty much for people that already know what
> GNOME is, but we might want to rethink that as we roll out the new webpage.
>
> I think it's a marketing problem. Thoughts?

I have been reading up on the Fedora Community pages and, thoughts
behind the designs. Being an ignorant chap myself, I do get amazed at
how simple tweaks can change the end-user perception of a project
entry page. <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009> has
a bunch of links that can help when discussing a redesign for the
gnome.org page.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>