Re: GNOME Store

I spent some time researching Zazzle and Cafepress, and put up a page on lgo at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/Merchandising.

I didn't find a lot of information about competitors to the two of them.

Overall, they're both very similar.  Both offer similar merchandise, affiliate programs, customizable look, embeddable content and more.

My personal recommendation would be Zazzle.  Zazzle hosts more (and arguably better) brand stores for companies than Cafepress.  If you assume they went through a RFP selection process, there is probably a reason the likes of Disney, Mozilla and Mattel (Barbie, Hot Wheels) chose Zazzle.

Cafepress has a slight edge on pricing, on average 5-10% (though they do charge $60 for a premium store) but Zazzle handily beats them in assortment of products to choose from.  I encourage you to look at Zazzle's t-shirt offerings, especially the women's selections as a comparison.

I also liked Zazzle's choice of posters and print offerings better.

Most of the novelty items, such as mugs, stickers, magnets, etc were priced similar between the two.

Please review the wiki page I added at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/Merchandising and let me know if there are any areas you would like additional information on.

Paul