Re: GNOME Store

Hi,

While the project didn't go through to completion because the company we
signed with went out of business, we have gone through this process
before - I documented the process and hit on some of the very same
issues you mention - gnome.org URL, selection of products, and Zazzle
was among the companies I talked with.

The process is documented in
http://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/MerchandisingAgreement

As I understand it, Zazzle will do specific custom deals for high volume
brands. For lower value brands such as our, you can easily set up a
custom shop-front with the Zazzle store management software like this:
http://www.zazzle.com/southpark

I also understood from our discussions that Zazzle could set up vhosts
for a store.gnome.org sub-domain, but that they couldn't do a fully
custom interface for us - it would be a standard Zazzle shop-front.

Cheers,
Dave.