Re: Having search engines pay for being default search engine in epiphany, deskbar applet etc

Stormy,

If you can get this arrangement with Google I think it would be great.

Indeed market share of epiphany is tiny as others say, but Google paid
Mozilla  66M$ in 2007 [1]. So if the marketshare of epiphany is only
0.02% ( for every 1000 firefox users there is only 1 epiphany user and
assuming that firefox has 20% market share) it already would amount to
66K$ per year, which is huge for the foundation

Furthermore there is quite some potential for higher market share with
stuff like the online desktop, which in my opinion has a large
potential because a lot of functionality is moving to the web.

Jaap

[1] http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/11/19/google-makes-up-88-percent-of-mozillas-revenues-threatens-its-non-profit-status/