Re: Putting ads on GNOME websites

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
On 05/05/2009 05:05 PM, Stormy Peters wrote:
I agree that if it's even a percentage of that, it might be worth it.

What would people think of trying it out for a couple of months? We
could start with Google ads to see how well ads work and once we have an
idea of how much to expect, we could solicit ads directly from companies.

It's one of those holes I don't think we want to get down into.  But I don't have strong reasons for, other than sanity.  It just feels bad IMO...

$145,000 would pay for a lot of hackfests ... if we sold ads directly to companies, we could control who was advertising.

And if we are getting that much potentially paying traffic, we should have a nice, obvious link to Friends of GNOME on the home page, contribute and support page!

Stormy

behdad

Stormy

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Jaap A. Haitsma <jaap haitsma org