Re: Fwd: Improving the Friends of GNOME donation pages

Patrick Fey wrote:
On 04.05.2009 17:01, Stormy Peters wrote:
Google analytics is really good (and free of cost, but not open source) - it
would help us in designing the new website and in marketing in general, if
we could add it to the website.
I suggest you consider using Piwik [1] instead of Google Analytics. It
is an open source clone of Google Analytics and - while still in beta -
should offer everything you want. I've used it in production with a
number of quite large sites and it has worked like a charm so far.

The only drawback I see is that it's not a hosted solution. If you want
to use it, you need to install and maintain it on Gnome servers. On the
other hand, I think this is also one of the major advantages of Piwik
over Analytics.
Do we have any volunteers who can install this on the servers?
If not, lets go for Google. I want the data now. :)
- Andreas
[1] <http://www.piwik.org/>