Re: Proposals for Open World Forum

I think we should talk about the role of open source software (and GNOME) on new types of devices like netbooks, phones, GPSes, etc.

Stormy

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
Hi all,

There is a call for content currently open for the Open World Forum, which will be held in Paris in October:
http://www.2020flossroadmap.org/non-menu-pages/open-world-forum/

http://www.2020flossroadmap.org/2009/06/16/open-world-forum-2009-call-for-conferences-submissions/

They're looking for vision, talks about NGOs and community presentations. I think GNOME should be present & represented, but I'm not sure exactly what, if anything, we should be presenting.

The call for content is open for another 2 weeks, any suggestions for topics which would both (a) help increase awareness of GNOME and (b) perhaps crystalise thinking on free software moving forward?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary