Re: Google Adwords Application for Review (WAS Re: Google Adsense versus Adwords)

Stormy,

of course, I'd like to, I'm just not sure how. The application form is
the following one, isn't it?

 http://services.google.com/googlegrants/application

You probably know the answers of most question better then I do. I can
only suggest answers to some question:

> Organization Mission Statement / Primary Objective:

To provide an Open Source and Free Software desktop environment that can
be used by all people, including children, users in developing nations,
and people with accessibility needs.

> Explain how you expect Google AdWords advertising will contribute to
your organization. (Please limit your response to 500 characters.)

It will enable us to raise additional donations via the Friends of GNOME
program, so we can fund technology-specific 'hackfests' to develop more
end-user-focused technology and features; improve existing technology by
organizing a usability study; bring our worldwide community of volunteer
developers together by providing travel subsidies, supporting local
conferences such as GNOME.Asia, GUADLAC (Latin America), the Boston
Summit, GNOME.conf.au (Australia), and Forum GNOME; expose business
students to the free and open source software world by starting an
internship program; and support the community in defining and executing
a release plan for GNOME 3.0.

> Who is your target audience for online advertising? (Please limit your
response to 150 characters.)

People who are already using GNOME and search for additional information
about GNOME or GNOME-based tools and technology.

> Please provide a sample of an ad you might run through Google Grants.

Become a Friend of GNOME
Join Your Fellows in Supporting a
Desktop Everyone Can Use.
http://www.gnome.org/friends/

> Please provide a list of keyword / keyword combinations that you feel
are relevant to your organization.

gnome, gnome2, gnome3, -gnomes, -garden, -lawn, -yard, -mooning,
-statue, -ornaments, -vintage, -antique, -buy, -plastic, "ubuntu gnome",
"gnome desktop", "gnome manager", "gnome themes", "panel gnome", "linux
gnome", "debian gnome", "fedora gnome", "gnome applet", "gentoo gnome",
"freebsd gnome", "gnome 2", "gnome 3", "gnome login", "gnome login",
"gnome mobile", "gnome application"

That's it, basically. Some Notes:

 * I used Google's keyword Research Tool. Some often searched terms I
ignored: "install gnome", "gnome download", "start gnome". These seem to
be used by beginners. No need to ask for donations yet. However, that
could be changed later, anyway.

 * Waiting 6 months for feedback is a long time, during which we may
change the Friends-of-GNOME page. I don't know whether they expect us to
notify them about these changes during the process. Maybe, we should
think about a way to keep the file from being edited?

Best regards,
Claus