Re: Seeking GNOME marketing info

Hi,

Stormy Peters wrote:
Here's the mail where Dave Neary did a back of the napkin calculation about how many users we have:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2008-September/msg00086.html

I'd forgotten about that :)

Thanks Stormz (in Germany by any chance?)

I also did a rough back of the envelope unscientific estimate of how many GNOME developers there are for someone a while back, which I shall reproduce here for posterity:

On gnomefiles.org, there are:
 	 2139 applications
      1589411 downloads

On freshmeat.net, there used to be:

1026 GNOME applications:
http://freshmeat.net/browse/231/

1728 GTK+ applications:
http://freshmeat.net/browse/870/

(these links apparently don't work any more :( )

Debian popcon gives 2603 people who have libgtk-2.0-doc installed
Ubuntu popcon gives 9141 people with it installed.

(Updates for today: Debian gives 3055, Ubuntu gives 22635 people with libgtk2.0-doc installed)

(It's a good bet that people installing the API documentation are at
least interested in developing with GTK+).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary