Re: Friend of GNOME Amazon store

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Jaap A. Haitsma <jaap haitsma org> wrote:

Number 1 we can over come by asking people to install an amazon gnome
search engine and remove the other search engine, but I think that's
cumbersome for most users.

I think we should tell people how though on the extension's web page. Some people, especially technical GNOME community members, might be more than willing to do that.

Does anybody know if you can replace search engines from a firefox extension?

Another idea could be to open Friend of GNOME amazon store. I've made
one as an example on http://gnome.haitsma.org/friends/amazon/
If we motivate people to use that store to buy their books, dvds,
computers etc. the foundation can also raise significant money.

I like it. Is there anyway we could add a "being read by the community"? Maybe scan for isbn numbers mentioned on Planet and have those products automatically included?

Stormy

What do you think of this?

Jaap

[1] https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/agreement?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_t=501&ref_=amb_link_84018271_6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=&pf_rd_s=assoc-right-1&pf_rd_r=&pf_rd_i=assoc_join_menu