Re: GNOME Cause on Facebook

2009/1/21 Roberto Galoppini <roberto galoppini gmail com>:
> 2009/1/20 Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>:
>> (I changed the subject because I think while this is a fundraising activity,
>> it's not necessarily part of Friends of GNOME. I did create a Facebook group
>> for Friends of GNOME. What Roberto is creating is a "Cause" not a group -
>> Causes are meant for disseminating information and collect donations for
>> non-profits.)
>>
>> Roberto is creating a GNOME Cause on Facebook like the Debian Cause:
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Debian/9801962186.
>>
>> It will be a place to find out information about GNOME, the GNOME Foundation
>> and to show support for GNOME. We can fill in the information section with
>> whatever we want - Roberto has filled in information from our website and
>> our 2009 goals from the Friends of GNOME page. We can also start discussions
>> and post to the wall.
>>
>> It also has the option to allow people to donate to the GNOME Foundation
>> directly from the Facebook Cause page. (Roberto, does this go to Paypal?)
>
> "Donations to U.S. nonprofits are processed by our nonprofit partner
> Network for Good, an industry leader in processing online donations.
> Their 4.75% fee is used to pay banks, credit card companies, to
> distribute funds to nonprofits, and for other associated costs of
> donations through Causes on Facebook. For a $100 donation, $95.25 goes
> to the nonprofit and $4.75 goes to Network for Good. Network for Good
> does not profit from this fee."
> (source: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/help)
>>
>> I think this is good as it's a way to reach a new audience with information
>> about what GNOME is. Thoughts?
>
> A blue version of the logo would probably suite better, I think. Are
> there any out there or does anyone want to help?

I am sorry, I just realized talking with Stormy that I didn't write
the link. My mistake, I thought the one Stormy mentioned was about the
GNOME one.

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/196978?m=1a240be5&recruiter_id=12759612

FB doesn't allow to create a cause and keep it private, but not
inviting anyone we are de facto keeping it secret for the time being.
I just tried a blue logo I found on wikipedia
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gnome-logo.svg> to see how it
looks like, but it can't be used because it doesn't respect the
guidelines.

Does anyone can help to create a blue logo?

Roberto