Launching New Friends of GNOME: need review for two sentences for gnome.org

Hi Marketing folks,

We're launching the New Friends of GNOME page and we need a couple of sentences for gnome.org and a small paragraph to go out in an email to press.

Why is it cool?
- GNOME is supported by volunteers with time and money
- We get a lot of unsolicited donations
- We want to make sure they are recognized and make it easy
- Introducing "micro-payments", small, monthly donations via credit card or paypal. (Not sure $10/month qualifies as "micro"!)

Sentences for front page of gnome.org:
New Friends of GNOME program launched! A big thanks to all our supporters for their love over 2008 - here's to GNOME's success creating free and open source software for all! Come support free software in 2009 with our new $10/month program ... and a postcard from your favorite hacker!

Paragraph for email:
We are excited to tell you that today we launch our new Friends of GNOME program. Now supporters can sign up to help the GNOME Foundation with recurring $10/month donations.

Friends of GNOME is a way for individuals to support the GNOME project's mission of providing a free and open source desktop for everyone regardless of ability. With no advertising or outreach, we've raised anywhere from $6,000 to $20,000 a year from generous individuals.That money has contributed to the funds for hackfests, local events and programs which in turn have enabled the GNOME project to create an internationalized, accessible and easy to use desktop software for both traditional desktops and for mobile devices.

People have requested an easier, more consistent way to donate and we hope our $10/month program will fill that need. We will use the additional funds raised to continue to support our volunteer community in accomplishing our mission of a free and open source desktop for everyone regardless of abilities.

The GNOME project depends on volunteer support from corporations and individuals. Support of both time and money. Please consider signing up for Friends of GNOME today! http://www.gnome.org/friends.

Thoughts welcome! We'll be launching later today.

Thanks,

Stormy