Re: Foundation Spokespeople (was FW: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum)

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> I could _possibly_ put together a quick media training session, on the order
> of 90 minutes or so, but--for better or worse--it's the kind of thing that
> needs to be done face-to-face: I can't do it either on the phone or via
> email. Maybe at GUADEC this summer?

Big +1 from me.

We could also run a half day speaker's workshop, which I'd be happy to
lead, to get people presenting better (the same as they do in OSCON -
with Damien Conway no less).

There is a tentatively planned marketing hackfest for March/April with regard to the beginning of the production of video assets for the GNOME 3.0 launch. And then there is a much more firmly planned meeting at GUADEC for more of the same. We could tie in media training in to either of these and increase participation at the respective overall events.