Re: Foundation Spokespeople (was FW: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum)

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:

> I cited Evolution as it is the program to send emails (and more)
> developed in the GNOME project; and this shows in email headers.
> Just like I wouldn't like us to send press releases in Microsoft
> Word format.

Uses the GNOME desktop, yes, uses Evolution to send mail... not so
much. We may have very credible spokespersons who use Thunderbird or
Mutt, for instance, and I'd hate to get excludy because of something
like that.

I, for one, wouldn't see a credibility gap for a spokesperson using a
"non-standard" application for something. Not using GNOME, yes, that
would be a stretch.

Best,

Zonker

--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net>
openSUSE Community Manager