Re: Foundation Spokespeople (was FW: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum)

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Lefty (石鏡 ) <lefty shugendo org> wrote:
> On the vaguely related note of "stuff we discussed at GUADEC but haven't
> done much about", the point was raised on the foundation-list by Miguel that
> we don't have a line-up of representatives to respond to press stories such
> as the recent coverage of the set-to on that list over Planet GNOME.

I think there's a page on the GNOME site with a list of PR contacts here:

http://www.gnome.org/press/

It does need to be updated, I passed some info on to Stormy and I
think she's passed that on to the right parties.

We should also verify that the people on the page are still current
with GNOME & ready to answer typical questions.

> I could _possibly_ put together a quick media training session, on the order
> of 90 minutes or so, but--for better or worse--it's the kind of thing that
> needs to be done face-to-face: I can't do it either on the phone or via
> email. Maybe at GUADEC this summer?

Also volunteering for this. I have a bit of experience in this area as
well. :-)

> Relatedly, we need a list of media contacts, and a plan for cultivating more
> of them.

Yep. Since we seem to be putting in a CRM system already, it would be
good to start putting people in there, I think.

Press lists do tend to go out of date quickly. I'm willing to help
curate this a bit.

Best,

Zonker