GNOME Merchandise Process

Marketing team:

In the past month, the GNOME Foundation has received two requests from
people interested in marketing GNOME branded merchandise.  So, I am
interested to hear the GNOME Marketing community's perspective about
the appropriate way to respond to such requests.  Is the GNOME
community even considering such requests?  If so, should people with an
interest make their request on the marketing-list for consideration, or
what process should be followed?

Looking at the available resources on this topic, it does not seem that
we have any sort of policy for how to respond to such requests:

  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/Merchandising
  http://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/MerchandisingAgreement
  http://live.gnome.org/Trademark

In fact, the above Wiki pages seem very out of date and do not reflect
much information about current merchandising work we do, such as with
Hackerthreads.  On the Trademark Wiki, I can see that there are some
draft, but not "official" trademark agreement template documents.
Perhaps this is a good starting point?

In general, the GNOME board of directors frequently gets various
requests about whether it is appropriate to use the GNOME logo in
various situations.  If the above website could be further fleshed out
to explain how to handle other common use cases, then this would be
really helpful.  For example:

   - For personal use (a t-shirt an individual is making for themselves)
   - For an event (logos on event merchandise)

If such a FAQ could be put together, then the GNOME Foundation would
be able to easily point people to the process if they want to use
the logo for various purposes, including selling GNOME-branded
merchandise.  Our current guidelines do not provide much information
to make it easy for people to understand

Thoughts?

Brian