From: Rosanna Yuen <zana webwynk net>
Date: Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 1:00 PM
Subject: paypal comments
To: stormy gnome org

Hi Stormy,

I've changed the options in PayPal to include the comments and
downloaded a new log.  For some reason, comments seem to be in any one
of three columns.  I've attached a spreadsheet of just dates and
comments from this calendar year.  It would be nice to see some of them
on the webpage!  Maybe we could put some on sliders for the AGM too?

Thanks,
Rosanna

Date,Subject,Note,"Custom Number"
2009/01/07,,,"But I still want my post card!"
2009/01/14,"Thanks for your work.",,"Thanks for your work."
2009/01/14,,,"Keep up the good work and improvements on a user-focused and well-designed desktop enviroment.

No post mail though, please!"
2009/01/14,,,"Kick more ass!  Take more names!  Love more users!"
2009/01/15,,,"How about allowing people to display special support graphics on their hompages/blogs etc.
like ""Gnome Bronze/Silver/Gold Sponsor 2009"" if a donation was made in 2009.
People could collect these and show of the banners for each year they sponsored the p"
2009/01/15,,,"More integration with more cool technology. Also, I am competent and enjoy C, but I must say, it does slow productivity down.  I like Vala.  I think I would be able to contribute more in the way of code if I felt Vala was acceptable."
2009/01/15,,,"Please make Linux as easy to use as Mac OS X. And make it fashion. Make it style. Make it easy."
2009/01/16,"Hire an architect to seek out budding ideas, experiments, new and refined products regardless of market, product, or platform.  There is a lot of creativity going on out there in areas such as user interaction, look and feel, automation, and various suppo","Please hire and architect and UI designer for future R&D","Hire an architect to seek out budding ideas, experiments, new and refined products regardless of market, product, or platform.  There is a lot of creativity going on out there in areas such as user interaction, look and feel, automation, and various suppor"
2009/01/16,"I love you guys!",,"I love you guys!"
2009/01/16,"I'm paying $120 because I wanted to adopt a hacker for the whole year, but I wasn't be able to do it in advance in that option (to avoid a monthly charge from my bank by every transaction).

However, I really would like to receive a postcard.  Hopefully",,"I'm paying $120 because I wanted to adopt a hacker for the whole year, but I wasn't be able to do it in advance in that option (to avoid a monthly charge from my bank by every transaction).

However, I really would like to receive a postcard.  Hopefully,"
2009/01/16,"Maybe you are able to register on my website.
Normaly we speak German but English may be ok too(at least for me).
At the moment I use a self signed certificate.
Its about Linux, Computers, Astronomy and Harry Potter.
Please dont make this adress publi",,"Maybe you are able to register on my website.
Normaly we speak German but English may be ok too(at least for me).
At the moment I use a self signed certificate.
Its about Linux, Computers, Astronomy and Harry Potter.
Please dont make this adress public"
2009/01/16,"thanks !",,"thanks !"
2009/01/16,,"thanks for gnome!","put the activities of the hackers on the donation page, i had to look up all of them on the web to discover who is doing the art stuff."
2009/01/16,,,"Please please please please please please fix bug #346162.
And don't intruduce that C#/Mono crap to GNOME."
2009/01/16,,,"Thank you!"
2009/01/17,"Danke für eure Arbeit!
Gruß aus Deutschland",,"Danke für eure Arbeit!
Gruß aus Deutschland"
2009/01/17,"Network, network, network! Start lobbying to governments and civil society to promote the use of FOSS!","I'm currently studying out of the country and would like the gifts to be shipped to a different address. 117 Aylmer Ave., Ottawa CA K1S 2X8. If there are any questions please e-mail me at the provided e-mail. DO NOT ship this to my address in the United States please.","Network, network, network! Start lobbying to governments and civil society to promote the use of FOSS!"
2009/01/17,"Nice idea, so I'll give you as much as I can ;-)",,"Nice idea, so I'll give you as much as I can ;-)"
2009/01/17,,,"Option desktop copm two bars (menus) or one, as standard Kde."
2009/01/18,"go go go!",,"go go go!"
2009/01/18,,"keep up the good work!",
2009/01/18,,,"www.hardwareparalinux.org
www.papirux.org"
2009/01/19,"Thank you GNOME Hackers!",,"Thank you GNOME Hackers!"
2009/01/20,"Keep it up!!! Stay alive!",,"Keep it up!!! Stay alive!"
2009/01/20,,"from Russia with love ;)","With best wishes,
Slav"
2009/01/21,"Great work guys",,"Great work guys"
2009/01/21,,"Good luck to all! Thanks",
2009/01/21,,"Thanks for the GNOME and good luck!",
2009/01/22,,,"You should write a little description of what the developpers is working on in the page of the gnome friend project. I wanted to know who to pay, and to choose, I have research all the names in googles. It should be interesting and very cool to put a littl"
2009/01/23,,,"This is a great idea.  Maybe Friends should get a glossy email describing all the great things their money has funded over the past year?"
2009/01/24,,,"have fun!"
2009/01/29,"Simplicity is Ubiquitous Splendorous Elegance",,"Simplicity is Ubiquitous Splendorous Elegance"
2009/02/02,"Friends of GNOME - Associate level donation ($25-500)","I know it's less than $25, I hope that isn't a problem as I don't want anything from it.",
2009/02/07,"I use GNOME for now almost two years and I find it simply great.
Let's hope free softwares will soon gain popularity and help people all around the world.",,"I use GNOME for now almost two years and I find it simply great.
Let's hope free softwares will soon gain popularity and help people all around the world."
2009/02/08,"GNOME is a fantastic gift to the people of the world and I thank you!",,"GNOME is a fantastic gift to the people of the world and I thank you!"
2009/02/08,"Just a big THANK YOU for your great work. I am glad that my computers (and a few computers from my friends) are finally free.",,"Just a big THANK YOU for your great work. I am glad that my computers (and a few computers from my friends) are finally free."
2009/02/10,"Create a app documentation wiki, and integrate it with Yelp like Monodoc does, so that *normal* people can contribute with a couple of clicks to the docs.",,"Create a app documentation wiki, and integrate it with Yelp like Monodoc does, so that *normal* people can contribute with a couple of clicks to the docs."
2009/02/12,"Gnome rocks!!!",,"Gnome rocks!!!"
2009/02/12,"Thanks! Keep on getting it real.",,"Thanks! Keep on getting it real."
2009/02/19,"Development Bounties for features or bugs that are no ""fun"" to implement but need doing. This seems to be a common criticism of Open Source development. It would be good to have a process as evidence against this claim and of course for the betterment of",,"Development Bounties for features or bugs that are no ""fun"" to implement but need doing. This seems to be a common criticism of Open Source development. It would be good to have a process as evidence against this claim and of course for the betterment of G"
2009/02/23,"For excellent software. For an emphasis on usability and a dedication to Free Software.

As a software developer, I truly appreciate the quality of GNOME. I'd love to be a developer one day. Keep me in mind.",,"For excellent software. For an emphasis on usability and a dedication to Free Software.

As a software developer, I truly appreciate the quality of GNOME. I'd love to be a developer one day. Keep me in mind."
2009/03/05,"You are the best one. From Russia with love ;)",,"You are the best one. From Russia with love ;)"
2009/03/06,,,"Just keep up the great work, helping making Linux more attractive and easier to use for people new to it, specially those coming from closed sorce operating systems.
And please, concentrate on those people on Latin America and Africa, as those are great m"
2009/03/07,,,"A big thank you to _ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE_ involved with the GNOME Desktop; from the ever-growing userbase to all developers and contributors. You have all made this a great alternative to everything else out there.

Keep up the fantastic work, everyone!"
2009/03/17,"Don't lose rhythmbox, it's the most useful audio player for GNOME Project.",,"Don't lose rhythmbox, it's the most useful audio player for GNOME Project."
2009/03/19,"Gnome Foundation needs more interaction with users, such as the brain storm website of Ubuntu or Dell. And, Gnome should solve some must-have features, such as Wi-Fi connection widget or monitor switching applet, though they already have been improved a l","I just need Gnome stickers. Do NOT send me the mouse pad. I have way tooooo many moust pads.","Gnome Foundation needs more interaction with users, such as the brain storm website of Ubuntu or Dell. And, Gnome should solve some must-have features, such as Wi-Fi connection widget or monitor switching applet, though they already have been improved a lo"
2009/03/19,,,"I chose not to receive the gifts, but if you can just send me the Gnome stickers it would be nice :) I think the shipping for the stickers might be cheap...

The only idea I have now is to have better integration between the desktop and mobile phones, but"
2009/03/22,Lambdacrash,,Lambdacrash
2009/03/23,,,"Thank you for all, continue!
If I have an idea… well, it should be to continue pushing one new GNOME-software for each release. I find this great to prove that GNOME is moving! We have seen cheese, empathy, now brasero… what's the next?
Again thanks a"
2009/03/26,"Awesome work, Shot",,"Awesome work, Shot"
2009/03/29,"Work together with the xfce project.

Both desktops share the gtk libraries and the HIG (mostly), and selecting applications from either one I can taylor the perfect desktop for any computer, whatever its resources.",,"Work together with the xfce project.

Both desktops share the gtk libraries and the HIG (mostly), and selecting applications from either one I can taylor the perfect desktop for any computer, whatever its resources."
2009/03/30,,,"You guys do a tremendous job. Keep up the good work. Everything runs so well. Evolution could be more stable. Incredible effort all around. Cheers, Allen"
2009/04/01,,,"Make it easier to sign up for a monthly subscription - this is my 3rd go!"
2009/04/01,,,"Start the hype about Gnome 3.0. Gnome is getting somewhat boring now."
2009/04/01,,,"Thanks for a great desktop!"
2009/04/02,,,"Keep up with the good work!"
2009/04/07,,,"A big thank you to _ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE_ involved with the GNOME Desktop; from the ever-growing userbase to all developers and contributors. You have all made this a great alternative to everything else out there.

Keep up the fantastic work, everyone!"
2009/04/09,,,"Just keep up the great work, helping making Linux more attractive and easier to use for people new to it, specially those coming from closed sorce operating systems.
And please, concentrate on those people on Latin America and Africa, as those are great m"
2009/04/10,"I have used GNOME for about 3 years now.  When I first saw it, the clean, simple, usable interface seemed tailor-made for me (especially after I had tried some other alternatives).

I like most of features and software provided, and the one that has ent",,"I have used GNOME for about 3 years now.  When I first saw it, the clean, simple, usable interface seemed tailor-made for me (especially after I had tried some other alternatives).

I like most of features and software provided, and the one that has enth"
2009/04/11,"Gnome is great: Evolution instead of revolution!",,"Gnome is great: Evolution instead of revolution!"
2009/04/11,"Great work, I'll donate as I can. I don't need the gifts, I just want to show my support.",,"Great work, I'll donate as I can. I don't need the gifts, I just want to show my support."
2009/04/13,"As mark shuttleworth said, I think that The Linux should be better for users than MacOS X. There is a lot of work to achieve that.

Thank you for all your work",,"As mark shuttleworth said, I think that The Linux should be better for users than MacOS X. There is a lot of work to achieve that.

Thank you for all your work"
2009/04/14,"I'm looking forward to GNOME 3
Thanks for your great job

Nicolas","anonymous donation thanks","I'm looking forward to GNOME 3
Thanks for your great job

Nicolas"
2009/04/17,"Thank you to all GNOME hackers for gift us the best Desktop Environment ever.",,"Thank you to all GNOME hackers for gift us the best Desktop Environment ever."
2009/04/19,,,"GNOME Hackfests are great and we should not let them be canceled. GNOME Friends should get more visibility in order to get more support from individuals, since companies seems to be cutting budgets."
2009/04/19,,,"I chose not to receive the gifts, but if you can just send me the Gnome stickers it would be nice :) I think the shipping for the stickers might be cheap...

The only idea I have now is to have better integration between the desktop and mobile phones, but"
2009/04/21,"Thank you  :)",,"Thank you  :)"
2009/04/23,,,"Thank you for all, continue!
If I have an idea… well, it should be to continue pushing one new GNOME-software for each release. I find this great to prove that GNOME is moving! We have seen cheese, empathy, now brasero… what's the next?
Again thanks a"
2009/04/24,"I am happy to see Stormy Peters as your new executive director.",,"I am happy to see Stormy Peters as your new executive director."
2009/04/30,:),,:)
2009/04/30,"Apply for tax-deductability in other countries than the US.",,"Apply for tax-deductability in other countries than the US."
2009/04/30,"Good luck",,"Good luck"
2009/04/30,"I think it would be great to offer Mentor programs for non-programming task within GNOME/Foundation.  For example, I'm an IT Administrator and I would love to help with Gnome, but I'm not a programmer although I do have some basic knowledge of programming",,"I think it would be great to offer Mentor programs for non-programming task within GNOME/Foundation.  For example, I'm an IT Administrator and I would love to help with Gnome, but I'm not a programmer although I do have some basic knowledge of programming"
2009/04/30,"Keep rocking!",,"Keep rocking!"
2009/04/30,"Keep up the good work",,"Keep up the good work"
2009/04/30,"Miles Clark",,"Miles Clark"
2009/04/30,"Thank you to everyone who makes the Gnome Desktop possible",,"Thank you to everyone who makes the Gnome Desktop possible"
2009/04/30,,,"Explicitly state how the $10/mo program works.  Will I automatically get billed?  Will a reminder e-mail be sent?

A personal story on how funds have been used might be nice as well.  Like ""Foo was able to do Bar at conference Baz using Gnome Foundation"
2009/04/30,,,"Hi Stormy!

A hug to all the Gnome folk."
2009/04/30,,,"I've used GNOME for years and have become surprisingly attached to it. Keep up the great work!"
2009/04/30,,,"Keep up the good work!"
2009/04/30,,,"Make it more accessible for users."
2009/05/01,"improved support for touch screen",,"improved support for touch screen"
2009/05/01,,,"Make it easier to sign up for a monthly subscription - this is my 3rd go!"
2009/05/01,,,"Start the hype about Gnome 3.0. Gnome is getting somewhat boring now."
2009/05/01,,,"Thanks for a great desktop!"
2009/05/02,"Get a more modern website !",,"Get a more modern website !"
2009/05/02,"Just a happy user - THANKS!",,"Just a happy user - THANKS!"
2009/05/02,"keep going...",,"keep going..."
2009/05/02,,,"Keep up with the good work!"
2009/05/02,,,"Thanks so much!"
2009/05/03,"Thank you for making my favorite desktop.",,"Thank you for making my favorite desktop."
2009/05/03,,,"Have a mission and extol it to the world.  The FSF has a vision, a philosophy, on which it challenges people to justify their stance.  Make the GF a pro-active force championing the free software message."
2009/05/03,,,"Keep up the good work!"
2009/05/03,,,"You guys do a tremendous job. Keep up the good work. Everything runs so well. Evolution could be more stable. Incredible effort all around. Cheers, Allen"
2009/05/04,"I am concerned about potential IP issues w/ MONO. Anything you can do to reduce that exposure is greatly appreciated.",,"I am concerned about potential IP issues w/ MONO. Anything you can do to reduce that exposure is greatly appreciated."
2009/05/04,"Monitor http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/.  There are many great ideas that would contribute to the GNOME experience.

Thanks for all your hard work.",,"Monitor http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/.  There are many great ideas that would contribute to the GNOME experience.

Thanks for all your hard work."
2009/05/04,"The field in the online donation form allows you to enter the Euro sign (€) instead of the $, but then the PayPal link doesn't work.",,"The field in the online donation form allows you to enter the Euro sign (€) instead of the $, but then the PayPal link doesn't work."
2009/05/04,,,"Gnome is an amazing simplistic and infinitely useful desktop environment. Although I strive be a patron of all open source software that regularly increases my productivity, GNOME stands out a an original for me. Thank you for your hard work!"
2009/05/04,,,"Gnome is just amazing. It gets better and better for each release. Having used Gnome since the early 90's I can only say: amazing.
Nothing to add, as it seems as if your doing exactly whats right..."
2009/05/05,,,"I hope that my small donation will help with this great project."
2009/05/05,"Participate a bit more in local, professional Open Source congresses etc. Currently, most congresses I know are mainly focussing on the server side of OSS.",,"Participate a bit more in local, professional Open Source congresses etc. Currently, most congresses I know are mainly focussing on the server side of OSS."
2009/05/05,"Thank you for all your wonderful work",,"Thank you for all your wonderful work"
2009/05/05,,,"Focus on raising more money!"
2009/05/05,,,"Pascal Steichen"
2009/05/06,"Make more advanced tools, stole good ideas from others and make it better.",,"Make more advanced tools, stole good ideas from others and make it better."
2009/05/06,::tecso,,::tecso
2009/05/06,"Thanks for your job :)",,"Thanks for your job :)"
2009/05/06,,,"Actually GNOME has most of the things that users need, there are some things missing for desktops environments running Linux where maybe GNOME can help like:

*For me it was a little bit difficut configure some ""ink monitor"" for printers, I have to stil"
2009/05/07,,,"Make it faster, and less cpu/memory consuming when idle. I found evolution unusable (had to stick with mutt). Also, make it more like OS X :)"
2009/05/09,,,"Just keep up the great work, helping making Linux more attractive and easier to use for people new to it, specially those coming from closed sorce operating systems.
And please, concentrate on those people on Latin America and Africa, as those are great m"
2009/05/11,"Gnome and Linux very good!!!",,"Gnome and Linux very good!!!"
2009/05/11,"have a good work",,"have a good work"
2009/05/12,"Very good work! Thank you so much for this great desktop and for nice programs.",,"Very good work! Thank you so much for this great desktop and for nice programs."
2009/05/12,,,"Allow variable 'adopt a hacker' donations."
2009/05/13,,,"I've been using GNOME for years now, but learned only recently about the Friends of GNOME program. I think you should/could publicize it more.

And keep going the step-by-step, elegant way. You rock!"
2009/05/14,"Thank you for your work!!",,"Thank you for your work!!"
2009/05/16,"Keep tough!",,"Keep tough!"
2009/05/19,,,"GNOME Hackfests are great and we should not let them be canceled. GNOME Friends should get more visibility in order to get more support from individuals, since companies seems to be cutting budgets."
2009/05/19,,,"I chose not to receive the gifts, but if you can just send me the Gnome stickers it would be nice :) I think the shipping for the stickers might be cheap...

The only idea I have now is to have better integration between the desktop and mobile phones, but"
2009/05/23,,,"Thank you for all, continue!
If I have an idea… well, it should be to continue pushing one new GNOME-software for each release. I find this great to prove that GNOME is moving! We have seen cheese, empathy, now brasero… what's the next?
Again thanks a"
2009/05/24,"GOOD WORK !!",,"GOOD WORK !!"
2009/05/25,,,"Happy hacking, thanks!!"
2009/05/30,,,"Explicitly state how the $10/mo program works.  Will I automatically get billed?  Will a reminder e-mail be sent?

A personal story on how funds have been used might be nice as well.  Like ""Foo was able to do Bar at conference Baz using Gnome Foundation"
2009/05/30,,,"Hi Stormy!

A hug to all the Gnome folk."
2009/05/30,,,"I've used GNOME for years and have become surprisingly attached to it. Keep up the great work!"
2009/05/30,,,"Keep up the good work!"
2009/05/30,,,"Make it more accessible for users."
2009/06/01,,,"Make it easier to sign up for a monthly subscription - this is my 3rd go!"
2009/06/01,,,"Please do NOT send a gift.

Please list name on donors page as ""Anzan Hoshin""."
2009/06/01,,,"Start the hype about Gnome 3.0. Gnome is getting somewhat boring now."
2009/06/01,,,"Thanks for a great desktop!"
2009/06/02,,,"Keep up with the good work!"
2009/06/02,,,"Thanks so much!"
2009/06/03,"Thanks for everything.",,"Thanks for everything."
2009/06/03,,,"Have a mission and extol it to the world.  The FSF has a vision, a philosophy, on which it challenges people to justify their stance.  Make the GF a pro-active force championing the free software message."
2009/06/03,,,"Keep up the good work!"
2009/06/04,,,"Gnome is an amazing simplistic and infinitely useful desktop environment. Although I strive be a patron of all open source software that regularly increases my productivity, GNOME stands out a an original for me. Thank you for your hard work!"
2009/06/04,,,"Gnome is just amazing. It gets better and better for each release. Having used Gnome since the early 90's I can only say: amazing.
Nothing to add, as it seems as if your doing exactly whats right..."
2009/06/05,,,"Focus on raising more money!"
2009/06/05,,,"Pascal Steichen"
2009/06/07,,,"Make it faster, and less cpu/memory consuming when idle. I found evolution unusable (had to stick with mutt). Also, make it more like OS X :)"
2009/06/09,,,"Thank you guys for all work your are doing! GNOME is great peace of opensource, keep work on :)"
2009/06/12,,,"Allow variable 'adopt a hacker' donations."
2009/06/13,,,"I've been using GNOME for years now, but learned only recently about the Friends of GNOME program. I think you should/could publicize it more.

And keep going the step-by-step, elegant way. You rock!"
2009/06/14,"Thank you for all your hard work.",,"Thank you for all your hard work."
2009/06/14,,,"Actually GNOME has most of the things that users need, there are some things missing for desktops environments running Linux where maybe GNOME can help like:

*For me it was a little bit difficut configure some ""ink monitor"" for printers, I have to stil"
2009/06/14,,,"Just keep up the great work, helping making Linux more attractive and easier to use for people new to it, specially those coming from closed sorce operating systems.
And please, concentrate on those people on Latin America and Africa, as those are great m"
2009/06/19,,,"GNOME Hackfests are great and we should not let them be canceled. GNOME Friends should get more visibility in order to get more support from individuals, since companies seems to be cutting budgets."
2009/06/19,,,"I chose not to receive the gifts, but if you can just send me the Gnome stickers it would be nice :) I think the shipping for the stickers might be cheap...

The only idea I have now is to have better integration between the desktop and mobile phones, but"
2009/06/23,,,"Thank you for all, continue!
If I have an idea… well, it should be to continue pushing one new GNOME-software for each release. I find this great to prove that GNOME is moving! We have seen cheese, empathy, now brasero… what's the next?
Again thanks a"
2009/06/25,,,"Happy hacking, thanks!!"
2009/06/30,,,"Explicitly state how the $10/mo program works.  Will I automatically get billed?  Will a reminder e-mail be sent?

A personal story on how funds have been used might be nice as well.  Like ""Foo was able to do Bar at conference Baz using Gnome Foundation"
2009/06/30,,,"Hi Stormy!

A hug to all the Gnome folk."
2009/06/30,,,"I've used GNOME for years and have become surprisingly attached to it. Keep up the great work!"
2009/06/30,,,"Keep up the good work!"
2009/06/30,,,"Make it more accessible for users."
2009/07/01,,,"Make it easier to sign up for a monthly subscription - this is my 3rd go!"
2009/07/01,,,"Please do NOT send a gift.

Please list name on donors page as ""Anzan Hoshin""."
2009/07/01,,,"Start the hype about Gnome 3.0. Gnome is getting somewhat boring now."
2009/07/01,,,"Thanks for a great desktop!"
2009/07/02,,,"Keep up with the good work!"
2009/07/02,,,"Thanks so much!"
2009/07/03,,,"Keep up the good work!"
2009/07/04,,,"Gnome is an amazing simplistic and infinitely useful desktop environment. Although I strive be a patron of all open source software that regularly increases my productivity, GNOME stands out a an original for me. Thank you for your hard work!"