Re: www.gnome.org redesign status

Alberto Ruiz wrote:
2009/4/21 Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>:
On 04/21/2009 12:07 PM, Murray Cumming wrote:
I found that to be a strange response to me saying (in that same email)
that we should not block on choosing _any_ CMS. We don't need a CMS to
get the new structure and content online. A suitable CMS would be
_nice_, but it's not a blocker. Lack of committed web people is the
blocker.
Any reason not simply go with MediaWiki?  We already know that the wiki is
where everything happens.  Why not use it for everything?

Hi Behdad,
or If you want a structured webpage you either use a CMS and use its
structuring tools, or use a wikipage and commit yourself and everyone
else submitting content to keep a high discipline on how the structure
should be, also, doing the right theming is definitively harder.
And at the same time CMS:es can end up being to structureish and in most cases you end up working with the structure by hand anyway. I haven't done too much Mediawiki, Moinmoin or Drupal styling, but I found them about equally hard to work with.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm going to give it a shot in just HTML for now.
You can keep discussing system X vs. system Y if you want to, but I wouldn't worry about that too much until we have something concrete to work with.
- Andreas