Re: www.gnome.org redesign status

Hi,

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 04/21/2009 12:07 PM, Murray Cumming wrote:
>>
>> I found that to be a strange response to me saying (in that same email)
>> that we should not block on choosing _any_ CMS. We don't need a CMS to
>> get the new structure and content online. A suitable CMS would be
>> _nice_, but it's not a blocker. Lack of committed web people is the
>> blocker.
>
> Any reason not simply go with MediaWiki?  We already know that the wiki
> is where everything happens.  Why not use it for everything?

The website is the only outward-facing resource we have. It's the place
were we tell people what GNOME is, what our community is about, what our
vision & values are.

"Everything happens in the wiki" is a very introspective way of thinking
about the website. The website is not a developer tool in the way that
library.gnome.org is, it's a communication tool.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary