Re: GNOME mobile on website

Dave Neary schrieb:
> Hi Thilo,

Hi Dave, thats hard for me, because I did not support this inititative
initially and also it is still not clear for me where it should go. But
I can ask questions here to make it more clear for me.

I add your points here: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/www.gnome.org

Here are my questions:

 * the projects name is "GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initiative (GMAE)" and
it should keep this name? As far as I understood the core idea is to
summarize some different platforms that all build on GNOME and make it
more visible?
 * Also GMAE is essentially a stripped down GNOME which is especially
made for mobile and embedded device?
 * Who is the intended primary audience? My reception is that this is
more developer related and companies.
 * For www.gnome.org/index.html I would say its more of a "Get GNOME" or
to show what GNOME is, also.

What I would suggest for now is to rather shorten the text and make sub
pages for:

> * A list of active participants (I can send this to people)

/mobile/participants (TODO)
Which would be those listed in the press release?

> * Some stories of devices based on GNOME Mobile (human interest type
> stuff) - I thought Vernier, Nokia, maybe Ubuntu Mobile might be good
> choices - perhaps also the iRex eReader.

/mobile/devices (TODO, take the stuff from /mobile and elaborate)

> * Short descriptions of the libraries included in GNOME Mobile (a two or
> three line summary of services provided & raison d'être)

I would suggest link to http://live.gnome.org/mobile and adding stuff
there. Here also new stuff can be added without SVN access.

> * Links to some SDKs and downloadable VMs that people can play with (Poky, Ubuntu Mobile, the Maemo SDK, ...)

> * Ideally, links to some applications which target only GNOME Mobile
APIs would be nice.
dito

> * Project roadmap & achievements

dito. Maybe tell some core things on mobile, too - but the stuff could
be added to the wiki and then reedited and put on /mobile

That's about what I would suggest doing. I think splitting some things
to wiki would make the page shorter and more readable.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Thilo Pfennig - PfennigSolutions IT-Beratung- Wiki-Systeme
Sandkrug 28 - 24143 Kiel (Germany)