GNOME Tagline (WAS: Re: Revamping Friends of GNOME: help with web page text)

We need a good tagline. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagline, and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising_slogan.) I debated suggesting a contest or vote ... but I thought I'd start with an email.

A tagline doesn't have to explain what GNOME is, although it should be representative of the GNOME project, community, personality, etc. Think Nike's "Just Do It".

Words that come to mind when you think of GNOME:
free
desktop
open source
user interface
fun
pretty
beautiful
easy
accessible
inclusive
powerful
friends
friendly
party
idealistic
committed
smart
helpful

Slogans:
a free and open source desktop for all
Because GNOME is free, every contribution put into GNOME is available to everyone (from Diego's mail)
Making the world available to you
Making your computer work for you
Your desktop, your world
By volunteers, for volunteers
Making it just work
Just right
just right for you
just right for the world
one desktop for all
the interface to the world

Stormy

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
On 9/4/08, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:

>  Andreas:
>
>  I really like the photo of the one-laptop-per-child program and
>  the text.  I don't know how much room you have in the caption, but
>  it would be better to highlight the following:
>
>  - GNOME is free, which makes it the perfect desktop choice for
>   humanitarian efforts, such as the one-laptop-per-child program
>   which require an affordable desktop.

I confess I haven't read carefully every word in the text, but as I
read your email I thought that a nice thing to add would be something
like:
 "Because GNOME is free, every contribution put into GNOME is
available to everyone"

Ok, not the best wording, but I got the idea from a quick flashback to
those IBM videos of "linux kid" where the narrator says "what he
learns we all learn, what he knows we all benefit from". I think it's
a nice idea we might want to take.

greetings