[Fwd: Re: GNOME & Southern California Linux Expo 7x]

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Gareth J. Greenaway
<gareth socallinuxexpo org> wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> Just wanted to give a quick update on where things stood with GNOME
> being at SCALE 7x.  Jeff Schroeder has once agreed to head up the GNOME
> presence at the show.  Jeff and some local GNOME enthusiasts did an
> amazing job showcasing GNOME at the show last year.

This wouldn't have went near as well as it did last year without the
quick whit from the other volunteers. I'd like to thank Chris, Eric,
Jordan, Gareth, along with Ken Vandyne + the Foresight team.

There was no way to pull that off without them. Hopefully this time we
can make sure to get the official gnome booth from zana. There was a
disconnect somewhere last year and we were boothless. With the
excellent gnome marketing svgs and kinkos we managed. The "Gnome
Official Desktop of Happy People" flier was a big hit. It lead to a
few snarks asking if KDE4 was the desktop of sad people but I digress.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com