Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> Maybe you could contact the GNOME Art team. They could make some
> suggestions. Don't focus on the "Gnome" idea. Few people think of small
> mythical beings when they think of GNOME. Unfortunately, I don't have a
> good suggestion. Some other form of "G", maybe?

In my vague memory, some GNOME 1.x versions used to use a flower
logo at the main menu. And after some search, I've found some
evidences:

  http://www.gnome.org/images/screenshots/20000400-jacob-big
  http://www.gnome.org/images/screenshots/20000518-iain-big
  http://www.gnome.org/images/screenshots/20000520-ole-big

I don't know the reason behind this. And GDM also provides a flower
theme in its stock. Probably, it associates with garden gnomes?

Anyway, can we use the flower as a secondary logo for GNOME?

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/