Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

"Theppitak Karoonboonyanan" <thep linux thai net>, Sat, 1 Nov 2008 14:00:06
+0700:

(...)

> Let me add another difference between the direct logo localization
> and the icon theming methods.
>
> Many Thai users don't like to use Thai translation. This is a popular
> taste, despite how much translation effort and quality assurance has
> been done. And that's why I put lower priority on translation than
> infrastructure development. (I joined the team after having done enough
> progress on GTK+, Pango, etc.)
>
> And by this practice, the logo localization will have limited effect,
> while theming still allows Thai people who choose English locale to change
> the logo.
>
> In summary, I'd propose icon theming + GNOME recognition of the
> secondary logo.

Let me ask you, those Thai people with such a non-Thai-locale taste likely
have a better understanding of English or Western culture, right? (At least
that's what I suppose.) So the foot logo shouldn't be a big problem for
them then? Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Best,
Petr Kovar