Re: "Hack-fest" in Brazil

Hi Jonh,

Le vendredi 01 août 2008, à 09:01 -0300, Jonh Wendell a écrit :
> Hi, folks.
>
> As you can see at [1], I'll be talking about GNOME in a regional
> conference.
>
> Besides the talk, there will be 'hack fest', where anyone can sit around
> with their laptop (or use one provided by organization) and work on
> GNOME development. I will be their 'mentor', to guide them on how to get
> things done.
>
> What do you guys suggest for such a job?
>
> Just point them gnome-love bugs? The problem I see with this approach is
> that it's almost mandatory to talk to maintainers to have a complete
> understanding of the bug. And we have 'only' four days to do that.

I would preselect some gnome-love bugs -- bugs where you can know what
the real fix is going to look like. Or assign them tasks on modules you
know well.

Also note that the first day will probably look like "jhbuild doesn't
work for me, what is wrong?" Be prepared to that :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.