Re: wgo/get_started/on_ms_windows

On 3/6/07, Diego Escalante <dieguito gmail com> wrote:
Maybe this page could have a list and explanation of current state of
windows ports of gnome applications, and a link to "other free
software applications on win32" pointing to one of those charts that
hang around internet.
As you say, maybe a list would be more a gnome-products thing, but I
think that if we are just making a mention to this products it
wouldn't be "bad".

In fact I ended up agreeing, at list for the first months of the new
wgo since, anyway, it will take a while until wee have all the
information introduced in Products.

We need to make sure that we don't tell lies at
http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/get-started/ms-windows-compatible (GNOME
software is not automatically compatible with Windows) and we need to
explain the rationale behind this Windows compatibility so powers
users and developers understand.

Then we list the recommended apps.