Re: Working Draft

Hi,

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> On 3/5/07, *Dave Neary* <bolsh gnome org <mailto:bolsh gnome org>> wrote:
>     I think that a lot of the stuff we've got in there at the moment is
>     interesting to a very small portion of our constituency - Baobab, Bug
>     buddy, ...
>
> Bug-Buddy also is a tool you should only see when your application has
> crashed. Nothing one should be happy abput. Making it better shure is a
> good thing but I prefer it when my apps are running and I do not think
> "wow, nice, my app crashed nice to see bug-buddy again". ;-)

That's why I suggested reducing it to "quality reporting much improved,
ensuring the desktop keeps getting better" or something along those
lines. Try to turn a negative (application crashes) into a positive (you
generate a feedback cycle that improves the platform).

>     "Epiphany uses more Tangoified icons" -> "the GNOME web browser looks
>     better than ever"
>
> Cutting out the referenceTango is not that nice. And I also think that
> the Tango icons primarily are not  ment to be prettier but more
> standardized.

As it's a third party project trying to make a brand for itself, you
might be right. But let's not talk about "Tangoification", let's talk
about "Thanks to the Tango project, the GNOME web browser has never
looked better". And yes, Epiphany has been nicely spruced up.

>     "Evince has a history feature" -> "Track changes in your documents with
>     the GNOME document viewer"
>
> Ah and I thought that was a history function, So it really is a revision
> function? "History" for me is what you find in a browsers history menu
> (open recent documents).

You might be right - I didn't really understand what this function might be.

In those circumstances, perhaps it's best not to mention it, or to ask
the authors what they meant.

Cheers,
Dave.

--