Re: wgo/about/local_groups

Hi Quim,

Quim Gil wrote:
> Mark is one of the new volunteer writers. He has written a draft for
> http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/about-1/local-groups
>
> Comments for improvement, please. Keep him CCed.

I had a look - looks nice. One suggestion - replace "local GNOME group"
with "GNOME User Group" everywhere to be internally consistent. There
should be a page on what to do to create a local GNOME User Group: this
is one of the Cheat Sheets I was hoping to get a volunteer for (hint, hint).

I'd like to have a map of the world generated from the countries where
we have active user groups if possible - this site lets you generate
such a map: http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedCountries

Here's the first version I made:
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedCountries/worldmap?visited=ARBRCLPEATBEFRDEGRITNLPLRUESUKCYTRCNINKRAU

I certainly missed some countries.

> We need to add the list of groups in this page, but I not sure about
> the information to provide, and if we have to list all groups or only
> those we know that are active at the moment.
>
> Dave, this page should be kept in sync with the activity around local
> groups you are kind of coordinating. Feel free forwarding this email
> to their list just in case they have more ideas for "their" page.

Will do. I would suggest, as with all the pages on wgo, keeping this
page as simple as possible. Linking to the relevant wiki page
http://live.gnome.org/UserGroups might be better than listing all the
groups. Having the map be clickable and bring you to the home page of
the relevant user group (when you click on France, going to gnome-fr,
for example) would be a wet dream - but probably not easily doable.

gugmasters-list added as a CC - hopefully there will be some comments
over there on content.

Cheers,
Dave.

--