Re: Suggestion. GNOME Feedback Form

Hi,

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> I suggest that we put  a feedback from on the homepage www.gnome.org.
> The feedbacks should be analyzed autoamtically.

I appreciate suggestions like this, but it's the automatic analysis that
makes me worried...

1. How will this fit in with the wgo design? An extra link on the front
page (or in the site footer) probably isn't a big deal.
2. Who will actually look at the human-being written words? Automatic
analysis can't do much with freeform text fields
3. How can we get the list of e-mail addresses? There should be an
opt-in "please send me occasional news about GNOME" on the page if you
do it.
4. Who will write this? You need someone to do the input page, the
database back-end, a report page summarising answers, etc.
5. One last question - what will you do with the information?

I'm not trying to kill the idea - but it seems like you'd need to get
those questions answered before it'll get done.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary