Re: Re-inventing the GNOME Marketing team

On 4/23/07, Ken VanDine <ken vandine org> wrote:
Based on the feedback the GMAE thread, let me suggest we re-invent
ourselves.  I think it is obvious we are needed, but right now we
really don't have a direction.  Let's fix this!  We have the power to
do it... we just need to do it.

I agree that we need to revamp the marketing team.  Maybe separate it
into two groups, one group/team for marketing the desktop and another
team for marketing to embedded devices.  This will allow each group to
focus on its intended audience, where the same audience for the
desktop might not be the same as embedded devices.  Also this would
keep people who are only interested in the desktop from getting
swamped with mail about gnome embedded.

Let's organize a brain storming session to get the ball rolling.  We
should gather a list of major areas of responsibilty, and then get
folks to take some organization around them and define real goals and
measure our success.

A list of responsibilities would not only be good for knowing what
needs to be done for each group and to see where somethings may
overlap, but also for letting new people know what task they could
take on to help get started with Gnome.

How does a IRC meeting sound?  I know that can be hard with all the
timezones, but the initial brain storming might be more effective
live.  I am happy to organize this and do whatever else I can do to
get us moving forward.  I truely believe we can make a difference, but
without goals we are going no where.

I agree that mailing list are good so people can join when they have a
chance, but I think for a brainstorming session we really need a for
of live communication and currently the best form seems to be using
IRC.

-- Kevin

--
- specialKevin