Pushing a wgo section (was Re: Screenshot link on frontpage)

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 03:45 +0200, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> I would be glad for to help =)

Good! Welcome on board.

> Here is is a first draft (the colors are randomly chosen), where I
> have thought of Tour/Overview being Features.

In fact the invitation is for a longer trip, in which drafts with colors
come at a later stage. At the beginning it might sound boring but I
assure you double excitement when the time of visuals drafts come, and
triple satisfaction on March 14, 2007.

Here is a plan proposed for GNOMErs willing to push a wgo section. By
now we have Martin (Tour/Overview) and Simon Rozet (Products). We need
coordinators for Success Stories, Get Started, Get Involved and About.

What follows are final deadlines not to miss. If you complete your
stages before, great:

* October 18th - You have a wiki page explaining what is this section
about and how it will be organized. The more detailed, the better.
  * November 8th - Your wiki page has a specific plan to be discussed,
    including structure of subpages and contents to appear on each page.
    Mockups are useful.
  * December 6th - Feature Freeze. You have an agreed structure,
    contents and look&feel mockups.
  * December 20th - Alpha Phase completed. You have a prototype in the
    CMS which is browsable and has some real texts and images in a real
    theme, all drafts.
  * January 10th - Goal Freeze. Goals not catching the schedule are
    dropped. But we won't let this happen to a wgo section.
  * January 24th - UI Freeze. Theme, images and any graphic stuff is
    finished.
  * February 14th - String Freeze. Static English texts completed.
  * March 5th - Release Candidate.
  * March 14th - 2.18 Final Release.

See where this comes from at
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/DevelopmentTimeline

You would coordinate the section. This doesn't mean that you do the
work. You won't be alone. It will be fun.

--
Quim Gil /// http://desdeamericaconamor.org | http://pinguino.tv