Re: About the 2.18 release plans (was Re: User oriented release notes)

> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:19:18PM +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
>> > Of course, we can test it. Let's start another threat where everybody
>> > can make suggestion on the goals for the next release. It may be
>> > interesting to see whether we can agree on something, and what this
>> > will be. :-)
>>
>> As said, some of this exists already and only needs to be explicitly
>> promoted and formalized. There is already http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap
>> - good example of a 100% technical approach to the 2.18 goals.
>
> Please be careful with promoting that page. It is there to list things
> developers/contributors want to fix within GNOME before 2.18. So the
> person adding something to RoadMap should have the capability to make it
> happen. The page must not list suggestions or requests by
> non-developers/contributors.
> I'd rather have a sane but largely empty RoadMap than something like
> ThreePointZero.

If there's crap on the RoadMap then it should be removed, or clarified. If
we make the RoadMap more public then maybe there will be more pressure to
make the RoadMap better.

Personally, I don't see many problems in it now, though I'd like to keep
discussion off that page, for the sake of appearances.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com