Re: Gnome.org Design Suggestion

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 14:56 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
> Hi Talat!
>

> If you aim to be an official GNOME subsite at some point we will
> "impose" a General navigation bar at the very top of your template, so
> you are connected to the rest of GNOME subsites with this common
> elements. The rest is entirely up to you. In the meantime, can you
> please put a visible link to www.gnome.org? Most GNOME subsites are
> missing it, which is a shame.

Actually gnome.org.tr is local GNOME User Group web site for Turkey.
Official yes, but what do you mean with visible link to www.gnome.org.
Homepage? If you mean, on the l.g.o, it's already there.

> One comment, the GNOME logo needs to follow
> http://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines . The foot is ok, but "GNOME"
> needs to be in the original font. Thank you.
In Turkey we got our own GUG logo.
(http://www.gnome.org.tr/eski/images/gnometrlogo64.gif) I think it's
fair-use of the GNOME brand as we did not think it's needed to ask Board
about permission, but previous discussions about the localized or unique
logo for GNOME made me thinking about this decision of ours.

> I like the fact of seeing small little faces, it gives a very nice human
> touch. We are planning to have little faces also in the wgo homepage.
>
> Also interesting that you use these del.icio.us and digg links in the
> news. I have seen them in other places. Do people use them? Do you think
> we should consider them in our official news?
We're going to base new design of gnome.org.tr on Mango. With mango it's
trivial to put digg, delicious links. As we're not competing with them,
having links for slashdot, digg or delicious would be helpful to spread
the word.