Re: The wgo CMS can't wait more

Hi!

On 10/26/06, Thilo Pfennig <tpfennig gmail com> wrote:
>From what I can see on the websites of some projects I can say that
you do never have to edit PHP in Drupal for enabling languages ( like
Midgard

Thanks for pointing out an outdated documentation area! I was
somewhere between Lapland and Murmansk when the guys launched Midgard
1.8, and so didn't have time to clean up the multilingual
documentation areas.

In any case, building multilingual sites with Midgard 1.8 and MidCOM
2.6 is a lot easier than it was with MidCOM 2.4 that the documentation
page you linked describe.

Nowaways to have the same content tree in multiple languages you only
need to create multiple Midgard hosts (website instances
differentiated by hostname or directory prefix, for example
fi.gnome.org or gnome.org/fi), configure them to share the folder
tree, and set the "lang" property for each.

I'll write a longer description of the process to the Midgard wiki later today.

/Henri

--
Henri Bergius
Motorcycle adventures and Open Source Software

Skype: henribergius
Jabber: henri bergius gmail com