Re: The wgo CMS can't wait more

I also think the same, Midguard or Drupal should be the choice for wgo. However does Midguard have plugins for added functionality? I am not sure. As I said I think we are trying to address to many points, NO CMS will address a perfect solution. I do agree it is important though to choose based on certain criteria. We are GNOME users right, we love simplicity and we should consider simplicity also for these CMS's. For example PLONE would just be an overkill its a beast and we just don't require that power or functionality it is pointless. We should also consider the communities as well, Drupal has a thriving community. Drupal is well built with a good structure, and has lots of plugins for any extra functionality required and can easily be wrote.

For me Plone is not for us, Tiki Wiki has too much functionality also and doesnt offer a simple interface like Drupal does. Of course Im not putting any of these down I just feel Drupal would be better suited for our purpose.

Lets cut down the amount of testing in regards to functionality and just go for the really important points and concentrate on Drupal and Midguard. We could then vote out of these two CMS's next week say. Just a suggestion... :-)

Regards

L. Tambiah

GNU/Linux Enthusiast