Re: The wgo CMS can't wait more

Not only do we need the CMS but we need a new mockup design from Mairin which I have been waiting around for. With regards to the CMS some of the links on the page for testing dont work (but maybe as im behind a proxy) but i cannot access the Plone CMS at http://demo.gnome-cn.org/ or the Midguard URL (but sure i have accessed this at home so probably is proxy). At current we have 5 CMS for our options, could we not short list, I dont think TIKI WIKI is what we want at all just from looking at it, and Plone is just a major monster which is going to require python coders and is over complex for us. As most of us are PHP devs our decisions should also be influenced towards this after all we are going to maintain it and customizing the CMS.

Pesonally I think the CMS for use would either be Drupal or Midguard in our case, but there is no point of a personal opnion as Quim rightly says we need to proove that it does what we require it to do. If we could drop PLONE and Tiki, then we can concentrate on the most likely ones. As there seems to be much anticipation regarding the choice at moment I will start looking into evaluating and give my few bucks worth.

If we look at the Drupal Page at:-
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/CmsRequirements/DrupalEval it has upto 40 table rows for feedback. Thats a lot to test! Can't we reduce it by half?

Some of the things I have suggested are to speed the process up by cutting it down a little. Do you agree?

Regards

L. Tambiah

GNU/Linux Enthusiast